John M. Flick, Esq.
John M. Flick, Esq. is the principal shareholder at Flick Law Group, P.C. His practice focuses on all areas of corporate law for closely held businesses, with particular specialization in employment law including claims of discrimination and retaliation, wage and hour compliance, breach of contract, alleged wrongful terminations, and non-compete litigation. He also assists clients with employee leave matters and counseling on a range of topics including personnel policies, restrictive covenants, Title IX investigations, discharge and discipline, accommodation requirements, privacy issues, and employment agreements. In addition, John represents commercial clients in land- use and leasing, corporate governance, and commercial litigation. John has represented employers before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD), United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and in Massachusetts and Federal courts. John also regularly assists clients with residential real estate, complex title issues, and estate planning and probate. Attorney Flick also serves as the City Solicitor for the City of Gardner, Massachusetts, handling all facets of municipal law including labor negotiations; a position he has held since January 2009.
John has served on the Board of Trustees of Heywood Healthcare from 2007 to 2020, CareCentral VNA & Hospice, Inc. (formerly GVNA Healthcare, Inc.) from 2002 to the present, the North Central United Way Board of Directors, is a past President of the Gardner Rotary Club, and currently serves on the Henry Heywood Memorial Hospital Medical Ethics Committee. John is also the Chair of the Greater Gardner Chamber of Commerce Legislative Affairs Committee.
When not at work, John enjoys skiing, cycling, hiking with his golden retriever Piper, and spending time with his family.
- Worcester County Bar Association, Member
o 2009-2010 Co-chair of the Labor and Employment Practice Group
- Massachusetts Municipal Lawyers Association, Member
- Northern Worcester County Bar Association, Vice-President
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Suffolk University of Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 2001
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, South Hamilton, Massachusetts, Master of Divinity, cum laude,
- Grove City College, Grove City, Pennsylvania, BA, Finance, 1990
- Boston Magazine's Super Lawyers Magazine; Massachusetts Top Young Attorneys, 2008
- Boston Magazine's Super Lawyers Magazine, Massachusetts Rising Stars, 2009
- Boston Magazine's Super Lawyers Magazine, Massachusetts Rising Stars, 2010
- Boston Magazine's Super Lawyers Magazine, Massachusetts Rising Stars, 2011
- Boston Magazine's Super Lawyers Magazine, Massachusetts Rising Stars, 2012